Stringing Equipment and Tools
Klein Chicago Grips are widely used in the power, communications and general construction fields to pull wire and cable, and to maintain temporary tension until it can be permanently terminated. The Chicago Grips have locking loop handles that allows the jaws to be held in an open position for easier placement on wire or cable.
To select the proper grip, you must know the following:
- Type of wire or cable
- Outside diameter of wire or cable
- Maximum safe load required
Klein Haven Grips are designed for use when a light, compact grip is desired and when conductor damage is not a factor. Gripping pressure of the knurled jaw is applied to 1/4" (6.35 mm) cable area.
Parallel Jaw Grips
Universal Stringing Block
- Universal model can be used as suspension block on an insulator, pole bracket or cross arm.
- Attaches in any one of five positions without extra fittings.
- Spring loaded gate.
- Safety locking pin.
- Made of high-strength cast aluminum alloy or lined with urethane coating.
- Designed to accept most manufacturers universal stringing blocks, and similar blocks.
- A single handle screw grips cross arms quickly and securely.
- Blocks are held in the bracket by captive locking pins.